First off, you have one group that's in it for the attention. We will call this group the Snookies. What they lack in talent they make up in desire to pretend they are these huge stars.
You might be a Snookie if the following applies to you
- Post on your blog monthly "Please follow my blog"
- Hang out on twitter trying to get real life celebrities to respond to your pixel avatar
- Hang out in Porn Stars chat after releasing a video asking everyone to watch, rate and comment it
- Hang out in Porn Stars chat asking people to vote for your photo in a monthly photo contest
- Create fake accounts to rate your movies 5 stars.
- Boost the views on your movies to make them look more popular then they are
- You have the nerve to dub yourself "SL Biggest Porn star"
Recently I had a talk with another female Porn star who told me that she felt this other female in the community didn't like her. Then she went on to say she has blogged all her movies. Like that was some reason to justify everything.
That's fine... but not everyone is in to making adult Machinima for attention. I'm sure if you blogged all the movies of certain people, they would be your best friend and be at your blog commenting on everything, but like I said there is an another group.. Those that do it because they enjoy the creative process and don't have to be in the spotlight.
Sure, it's great when someone blogs or showcases your movie... but to some that is not why they made the movie. It's more sort like art to them, they didnt make it to say "Hey look at me and what I have done."
To me.. I don't take compliments about my work to well with anyone attached to SL Porn making... because I have witnessed so much back side kissing. Instead if someone random out of the blue comes across my blog, video or picture I have done... it means so much more to me. To me those are legitimate comments... not fluffed comments on Naughty Machinima to back your "boy".
I see a lot of... you, comment on my movie.. I will comment on your movie. You comment and follow my blog and I will blog your movies. Shared attention... stroking each other egos.
I applaud those film makers like Pixie Rain, Rysan Falls, Alyassa Drechsler and Nataile Xenga. The true super stars of this industry. They don't try to tell you how good their work is...they let it speak for itself. After all, a picture speaks a 1,000 words. If you need to tell people how great your video is... then maybe its not talking like it should.